2 April 2012

Maddrim: An Update


I know. It’s been a while.

That’s not to say nothing’s been happening – we’ve been busy bees over the past few weeks. But, instead of writing up my many pages of notes into screeds of blog that you’ll definitely get bored of, I’ve decided not to do that. You can get bored with this instead.

Last time I posted, we were midway through possibly Maddrim’s biggest project; I refer to the Grain Media films. Both the Drama and Documentary groups finished their filming, sound recording, editing etc. in time for the premier “rehearsal” on the 22nd March. Nike came up for another weekend of workshops, which I’ve been told were good (though I was away at the time), shuffled around some of our shots and fine-tuned everything to make our films look even snazzier.

The premier was on the 25th, and afterwards a Q&A panel was open for questions. On the panel were me, Peter, Cara, Joe, Lauren, Martha and Anthony Cox. We got some interesting questions from the audience, including from Chris and Roseanne’s mam! The films were very well-received and have now been shown in a few different places – schools and at the MV awards ceremony a couple of days ago. In short: WELL DONE GUYS!

Poverty is Bad; we’re fixing it.

Maddrim resumed “normality” the Monday after – our first Grain-Media free meeting for a while. Again, I wasn’t able to go because of LOTF rehearsing (sorreh!), but I’ve heard snippets about the next wave of Maddrim brainstorming...something about a desert island filled with an assortment of characters...including a clown...
I’m sure all will become clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment